Cosmetic dentistry has been described as both an art and a science, and as anyone that has ever undergone a professional teeth whitening procedure or orthodontic treatment to straighten their teeth can attest, investing in even minor dental improvements can make a big impact on oral health, self esteem, and quality of life. Dr. Henry Finger, a family dentist in Medford, NJ, offers a number of restorative and cosmetic dentistry services to correct everything from chipped and cracked teeth to TMJ and gum disease.
Cosmetic Dentistry Services in Medford, NJ
Even if your teeth and gums are otherwise healthy, every day lifestyle practices, diet, and even the normal aging process may be taking a toll on your smile. Some of the most common cosmetic dental issues that affect men and women of all ages and backgrounds include:
- Stained, dull, discolored teeth
- Chipped/cracked teeth
- Old dental fillings
- Bite and alignment problems
- Missing teeth/full or partial tooth loss
- Periodontal (gum) disease
There are many things that you can do to protect your teeth and gums, such as practicing good oral hygiene on a daily basis, eating a healthy diet, avoiding tobacco and food and drinks known to stain teeth, and go to the dentist every six months to a year for a check up and dental cleaning. But factors like genetics, sports injuries, accidents, and certain medications can cause cosmetic damage to your teeth. Cosmetic dentistry is also an option if you would simply like to change the size, shape, or color of your teeth for aesthetic reasons.
Some of the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures include:
- Professional teeth whitening
- Dental veneers
- Crowns and bridgework
- Dental implants
- Cosmetic bonding
- Cosmetic dental fillings
- Gum surgery
Find a Cosmetic Dentist in Medford, NJ
You don't have to settle for a dull or damaged smile. For more information about your cosmetic dentistry options and to find the procedure that is right for you, contact our office by calling (609) 953-0077 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Finger today.
Tooth loss doesn’t have to cause more serious complications for your smile.
While we know the frustration that comes with losing teeth as an adult it’s important that you seek treatment as soon as possible to ensure that no other complications befall your smile. Luckily, our Medford, NJ family dentist Dr. Henry Finger has just the answer you’ve been looking for to replace your missing tooth or teeth.
An implant is a small titanium post that takes on the role of tooth roots and provides a sturdy and permanent base from which to support a false tooth or teeth. As you may imagine, this unique tooth replacement offers a lot of wonderful benefits for your smile.
If you leave gaps in your smile your natural teeth will begin to shift into these spaces. As a result, a lot of people with untreated tooth loss also end up needing orthodontic treatment in order to fix this issue. Placing a dental implant as soon as possible prevents teeth from having the chance to shift out of place.
Protect Your Bone Health
In order for an implant to be successful as your artificial tooth roots, it needs to be placed into the jawbone. Once the implant is in the jawbone it will begin to fuse together with it over time. As you might imagine, this implant is now providing the bone with the stimulation it needs to prevent deterioration.
Eliminate Denture Problems
People dealing with extensive tooth loss may find it easier to just choose dentures. Unfortunately, a lot of people have misconceptions about denture and find themselves disappointed when this prosthetic can’t help them enjoy all their favorite foods or when it shifts around unexpectedly. But did you know that implants also support dentures? That’s right! Implants can be placed throughout the jawbone to support dentures so that even those dealing with total tooth loss can still get the stable smiles they want without denture-related problems.
Boost Your Confidence
As you might imagine, having a full smile that you feel comfortable showing off is a major boon not just to your professional life but also your personal life. With implants, you can trust that your restoration functions and looks just like a natural tooth so the only person who will know that you have an implant is you.
Do you think you could be a great candidate for dental implants? Want to sit down with our Medford, NJ, family dentist to find out if implants could get you back that beautiful smile? Then what are you waiting for? Call our office to schedule your consultation.
Want to ask your Medford family dentist about crowns and bridges?
Do you have missing teeth and are worried about replacing them with mismatched appliances? Are you having problems with your bite and chewing function? Are your teeth weak and in need of reinforcement? If so, Dr. Henry Finger has the solution! Just wait and hear what he has to say about the bridges and crowns he offers at his Medford, NJ, office.
Bridges are oral appliances that are custom made for every patient; the bridges designed for you will look like your natural teeth so no one will notice any difference!
Here are a few types of bridges:
- Partial dentures are semi-permanent. These dentures use retention clasps to attach to already-existing teeth (natural teeth) or dental implants. The advantage of partial dentures is that you can take them out and clean them on your own time.
- Fixed dental bridges are permanent and come in many forms: conventional fixed bridges, cantilever bridges, and resin-bonded bridges. Fixed dental bridges cannot be taken out by the patient. This makes them a great long-term tooth replacement option that fits in with the rest of your smile.
The main function of a crown is to restore aesthetically unpleasant teeth and provide strength for weak teeth. Crowns are perfect for restoring your teeth because they are made out of a durable material called porcelain. The porcelain crowns fit over the teeth, completely covering them from all sides and adding a protective layer for your smile.
Crowns are used in cases such as:
- Covering chips, cracks, and discolorations found on teeth, which may be due to injuries when playing sports or poor dental hygiene, among other reasons of course.
- Covering a restorative procedure, like a root canal, protects and strengthens your teeth.
- Crowns are placed over fillings that may be dislocated, which, again, adds reinforcement to your teeth and makes biting and chewing functions easier.
If you have any questions or concerns about what you need to know, just call Dr. Finger in Medford, NJ at (609) 953-0077.
Do you have an oddly shaped or chipped tooth? Do you hesitate to engage in restorations such as crowns or porcelain veneers because of the expense involved? Then, composite resin bonding may be the aesthetic treatment for your smile. Made of an inventive blend of acrylic and glass, composite resin provides a natural-looking, durable addition to teeth marred by accident or simple wear and tear. Dr. Henry Finger lends his expertise in cosmetic dentistry to patients of all ages in his Medford, NJ practice. After careful examination, he may advise composite resin bonding to help repair your smile.
Just what is composite resin bonding?
The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry calls composite resin bonding one of the fastest and most effective ways to repair healthy teeth that have minor aesthetic defects such as:
- Hairline cracks
- Uneven shape and size
- Discolorations not responsive to professional teeth whitening
In a single visit to your cosmetic dentist in Medford, your smile can change dramatically and be strengthened, too.
How does bonding work?
First, Dr. Finger prepares the surface of the tooth by gently sanding it and etching it with a special chemical. Then he uses the putty-like resin to recreate the tooth's proper shape. Typically, he adds the resin in layers, hardening each one with a special light.
When he is finished building up the tooth to its corrected shape, he trims and sands it. This work is truly artistic as Dr. Finger produces a finished surface that blends in well with neighboring teeth in terms of size, configuration, color and shine. Your dentist also ensures that your newly bonded teeth bite together correctly.
The advantages and disadvantages of bonding
Composite resin bonding is quick, realistic, durable and economical. It requires little resurfacing of natural tooth enamel (unlike preparation for placement of dental crowns or veneers). Also, bonding may be combined with other cosmetic dentistry treatments in Medford such as whitening, porcelain veneers, tooth-colored fillings, gum lifts, dental contouring and more. Often, it is the finishing touch on a complete smile makeover.
In addition, composite resin bonding lasts for many years and resists discoloration from coffee, tea, wine and smoking. However, composite resin is not as hard as porcelain. So, if a patient consumes a lot of staining foods and beverages or bites down on hard foods such as ice or peanut brittle, the resin can discolor and chip.
So Dr. Finger encourages his patients to treat their refurbished teeth gently and to brush and floss twice a day as the American Dental Association recommends. Also, he wants to see his cosmetic dentistry patients twice a year in his office for exams and cleanings.
Remake your smile
Could those annoying dental flaws disappear? Why not find out with a cosmetic dentistry consultation with Dr. Finger? His experience and expertise in aesthetic dental treatments such as bonding could be just what your smile needs. Contact the office today for an appointment, won't you? Call (609) 953-0077.
Can you remember the last time you visited the dentist? Your oral health may suffer if you don't make regular visits a priority. Our Medford, NJ, family dentist, Dr. Henry Finger, explains why regular dental visits are so important.
What are the benefits of regular visits?
Visiting the dentist every six months offers several important advantages, including:
- A Bright Smile: A professional cleaning removes surface stains that can dull teeth. Polishing the teeth at the end of the cleaning helps them sparkle.
- No More Plaque: Plaque is the cause of tooth decay. The bacteria in the sticky film interact with sugars in foods, creating strong acids that destroy tooth enamel. Even if you brush and floss faithfully, you might not be able to remove every speck of plaque from your mouth. The problem is more likely if your teeth overlap, even if the edges of your teeth only overlap slightly.
- Removal of Tartar: Removing plaque promptly prevents the formation of tartar, an incredibly hard deposit. If tartar forms on your teeth, you'll notice gray or brown spots that can't be removed with a toothbrush. Because tartar causes gum disease, removing the deposit is particularly important. Luckily, we have special cleaning instruments at our Medford office that can scrape away tartar.
- Diagnosis of Dental Problems: Cavities can be detected before they've done too much damage when you schedule dental visits every six months. Smaller cavities mean smaller fillings and less destruction of healthy tooth structure. Visits include a thorough examination of your teeth, mouth and jaw. If any dental problems are noted, you'll be provided with a treatment plan to address the issues.
Is it time to schedule your next check-up? Call Medford, NJ, family dentist, Dr. Finger, at (609) 953-0077 to make an appointment.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.