Let Cosmetic Dentistry Transform Your Smile
It might not seem too surprising, but cosmetic dentistry has become increasingly popular in the United States. Everyone is looking to both look and feel their best, and a beautiful smile is a major part of this. In fact, a smile is one of the first features most people notice. So why wouldn’t you want it to be perfect? This is where cosmetic dentistry comes in.
Cosmetic dentistry primarily focuses on the aesthetics of your smile rather than the health and function of your teeth and gums. Cosmetic dentistry gives patients the smiles they’ve been looking for, from whitening to recontouring to replacing missing teeth. When you are looking to change the look of your smile, rather minor or drastic, then cosmetic dentistry is the answer.
At Henry W. Finger DDS, we perform a wide variety of cosmetic procedures and some of our results can be seen on our Smile Gallery.
Cosmetic dentistry procedures include:
- Cosmetic Fillings – Alternative, natural-looking materials to conventional silver-colored fillings made from porcelain and composite resins, which are colored to match natural tooth enamel.
- Whitening/Bleaching – Procedures that reverse the effects of such things as aging, food and tobacco stains, and medication use.
- Veneers – Special thin laminates, called veneers, used to cover stains, correct discolored, worn down, cracked and chipped teeth, and close unsightly gaps between teeth.
- Crowns – Synthetic caps, usually made of a material like porcelain, that can be placed on the top of a tooth to restore its function and appearance, attach bridges, cover implants, or prevent a cracked tooth from becoming worse.
- Bridges – Natural-looking dental appliances that can replace a section of missing teeth and restore the natural contour of your teeth as well as the proper bite relationship between upper and lower teeth. Bridges are sometimes referred to as fixed partial dentures, because they are semi-permanent and are bonded to existing teeth or implants.
- Specialty Dentures – Lightweight dentures that mimic the look and feel of natural teeth. Most dentures are made from a combination of metals and synthetic material such as acrylic resin, and can be either partial or complete sets.
- Replacement of Lost Gum Tissue – Gum tissue can be augmented or replaced by a variety of means, including soft tissue grafts.
- Implants – Synthetic structures that are placed in the area of the tooth normally occupied by the root. Implants are sometimes a viable alternative to partial dentures.
If you are looking for a smile makeover the first step will require a consultation and evaluation in which we examine your smile, discuss your treatment goals and determine which cosmetic treatments will work best to align with what you are looking for. While we are discussing cosmetic needs it’s fairly common to find dental issues that also need to be treated before we can perform any cosmetic procedures. After all, your smile has to be fully functional and healthy so it doesn’t negatively affect your cosmetic dental work in the future.
If you are unhappy with your smile, cosmetic dentistry can change all that. Cosmetic dentistry offers wonderful restorative benefits for many patients looking to revive their dull, unattractive or damaged smiles. Let us help you get the smile you’ve been dreaming of. Your new smile is only a consultation away.
Do you want a smile that you are proud to show off? Call Henry W. Finger DDS in Medford, NJ today at (609) 953-0077 to schedule your consultation!